Many guests are extremely excited about seeing their favorite artist perform and want to ensure that this special moment is preserved by taking pictures. To ensure you fully enjoy your experience at Core Entertainment and are never disappointed or inconvenienced; we would like to provide you with the Core Entertainment standard camera policy and some general information about taking pictures at our events.
It is extremely important to know that each show will have its own unique restrictions on photography and video; but generally the following standard restrictions apply to all Core
- No Video Recording from any source
- No Audio Recording from any source
- No Professional Cameras
- No iPads/tablets
Definition of Professional Cameras
For Core Entertainment purposes, a professional camera is defined as “a camera, digital or otherwise, with a detachable/interchangeable lens of any size/type.”
Additionally, event staff reserve the right to restrict the use of other types of cameras should they feel the quality and/or type of camera fail to protect the artist and/or venue’s interests.
Show-Specific Camera Policy
Every event or show that comes to the Core Entertainment may also have their own unique camera policy. There are a wide range of restrictions a show may place on the venue and many variations such as: no cameras permitted; no flash photography; disposable cameras only, etc… These policies are determined by each show in order to protect the performers and/or prevent unauthorized pictures from being distributed. In most cases, Core Entertainment will not be advised of the show specific camera policy until the day of the show. We will make every effort to ensure the show specific camera policy information is made available to the general public as soon as possible. If you are not sure if your camera qualifies as a professional camera or would like to confirm if any additional restriction above the standard policy are in effect it is highly advised that you contact Core Entertainment by calling 905-546-3100 for more information or check with Guest Relations when you arrive.
Please note that in all instances the show camera policy supersedes Core Entertainment standard camera policy.
All of Core Entertainment’s venues are smoke-free buildings, including all restaurant/bar areas and suites. We are committed to the health and safety of our employees and our patrons.
A re-entry system is available for smokers during all events across from Section 101 at FirstOntario Centre, on the Mezzanine level of FirstOntario Concert Hall, and at the Front Doors of The Studio. These locations are subject to change, please feel free to check with the Guest Relations desk for more information.
- The use of electronic cigarettes is also prohibited within the buildings
- Exiting the building during an event is only permitted at the designated smoking areas – exiting through any other door will result in no re-entry
- Anyone found smoking inside a Core Entertainment building will be ejected and may be subject to the maximum fines as per Ontario’s Smoke-Free Act
With the exception of designated smoking areas, there is no re-entry permitted at any Core Entertainment’s venues. All exits are final.
Searches and Patdowns
All persons entering a Core Entertainment venue is subject to search. This can include patdowns, bag searches (backpacks, purses, large bags, diaper bags, etc), and/or wand checks. All patdowns are performed by trained security personnel. The level of searching required is dictated by the show and may vary.
Lost and Found
Items that have been found during an event can be turned in to any member of the event staff or at the Guest Relations desk.
If you lost an item at a Name event, please call Building Security at 905-546-4002 to inquire about your lost item.
After 30 days, items may be donated to non-profit charity organizations or disposed of at the discretion of the Guest Services Manager.
- Aerosol Cans
- Alcoholic Beverages, Illegal Drugs or Other Drug Paraphernalia
- Animals (Except Certified Service Animals)
- Artificial Noise Makers (Air Horns, etc.)
- Beach Balls, Helium Balloons or Other Inflatables
- Glass, Plastic, or Metal Containers
- Lasers or Laser Pointers
- Outside Food and Beverage
- Parcels, Packages, or Items the Contents of Which Are Not Displayed
- Professional Cameras or Video and Audio Recording Devices
- Skateboards, Roller Blades or Roller Shoes
- Sticks or Clubs (Including Signs or Banners Attached to Sticks)
- Weapons, Chains, Spikes, Pocket Knives
- Prohibited items also include any items that in the judgment of facility management pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other guests.
- No objects may be tossed or thrown in any area of a Core Entertainment building
- Shirts and Shoes are required to be worn at all times
- Clothing which displays profanity may be asked to be removed or covered at Management’s discretion
- Banners are subject to Management Approval
- No gang insignias permitted
This list is subject to change without notice by Core Entertainment Management.
- Alcohol will be served at most Core Entertainment events to those 19 years and older, and everyone may be required to show proof of age.
- No alcohol will be allowed to be brought in or out of the venue.
- Any person appearing to be intoxicated before entering a Core Entertainment venue may be denied entry at the discretion of security and/or event staff. Any guest found intoxicated within the venue or causing disturbance, as determined by security, management, or event staff, will be asked to leave the venue without a refund.
- There is a limit of two alcoholic beverages per purchase at all Core Entertainment venues.
Outside Food and Beverage
Outside food and beverage is not permitted to enter any of Core Entertainment venues. Please contact a Guest Services Manager at 905-546-3100 or an event staff upon entry if you have any dietary or medical concerns.
Age of Admittance
Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by someone 16 years of age or older.
Intentional and excessive disruptions to a show by guests will result in immediate removal from the venue and may result in charges being pressed.